Adopting giant panda
Aim, method and standard of adoption:
There are 111 pandas now living in Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. At an average, each one panda needs 100,000 RMB per year for basic feeding, illness protection etc. There are 4-6 newly born giant pandas in Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. Therefore, an addition of six giant pandas will need an extra sum of 600,000 RMB for them. One panda needs 2,500,000 RMB in the whole life (counting based on the average of 25 years). Along with the elevation of the research abilities and increase of breeding number, the gap of funds for the fostering of pandas is getting bigger and bigger. Therefore,the program of adopting and naming pandas is put forward towards all the society. The program includes the following:
Independent Adoption for 1 Year
Donation of RMB100,000 per year or in currency equaling the amount of $15,860 (according to the exchange rate at the time.
) at the official exchange rate published by the bank of China on the day such transfer amount of money.
Life-long Independent Adoption
Donation of RMB1000,000 (Two choices available) No. 1 required one off payment. No.2 year by year payment(RMB 100,000 per year) 。 (if in foreign currency will be equaling the amount of RMB1000,000 at official exchange rate published by the bank of China on the day such transfer amount of money.)
Procedures of adoption:
1) Communication: please review web site of Panda Research Base: http://www.panda.org.cn, or call us: 86-28-8350-7901, 8350-5318 , 8350-5513,or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org learn more details that you are interested in and establish the relationship with us.
2) Send the draft donation agreement: including the following items:
The name of donating agency or person.
Your mail address, email address, telephone and fax number.
How many pandas would you like to adopt? Do you have any specific requirement for the adopted panda's age and sex?
How many years will you adopt the panda?
How much will donate? What kind of currency will you donate in? When and how will you pay?
What would you like to name your panda?
According to our current requirement, a panda will be adopted for at least 1 year.
3) Pay and sign adoption contract: when we get agreement with the adoption, we will sign an adoption contract: donor will pay Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Foundation according the date and contract requirements.
Name of Bank : Bank of China Shu Du Da Dao Branch Dong Cheng Gen Street Agency .(Address of Bank: 133# Dong Cheng Gen Street, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, P.R. China)
Swift Code: BKCHCNBJA58A
Bank account: Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Foundation
Number of bank account: 03413508091014
Note: Please provide with bene's name, address, tele No. and A/C No.Name: Chengdu Giant Panda Breeding Research Foundation.
Wang Jishan or Zhang zhihe
Address ： Fu Tou Shan, Northern Suburb, 610081, Chengdu, Sichuan, P.R.China
Tel/Fax ： 0086-28-83507901, 83505318
4) Adoption Ceremony and Press conference:
Based on the date we agreed, we will hold a adoption ceremony and Press conference for donor. The main procedure is: donor gives a speech; donation ceremony; present a gift to donor (such as a copper panda statue); issue the adoption certificate; representative of the base gives a speech; donor and representative answer media's questions. We will invite many media to report on the ceremony and put the detailed articles and pictures on Internet.
5) The rights and duties that donors have: the right to visit your panda(s) during the adoption period; an adoption sign will be hung up on the noticeable place of panda's home; the information and pictures of adopted pandas will be found on our web site, donors can download them; donors can publicize their donation honestly, but can't do anything which will damage the reputation of Panda Research Base